MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES
WELCOME TO MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES
WELCOME TO MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping to fulfill his mission

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mj210
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Key11
Welcome to
Michael Jackson
Flying Fairies
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Michae10
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mj_quo11
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mj_quo10
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mj10
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Key-to10

Welcome to
Michael Jackson
Flying Fairies
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mj_quo16
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mj310
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mj_quo17
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mj411
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mj_quo17
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Let_us10

Cirque du Soleil

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Nimue

Nimue

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 1:31 pm

posted by Nimue on Saturday, May 25th 2013

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mjone00

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mjone01

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mjone06

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mjone05

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mjone041

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mjone031

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Mjone021

The spirit of Michael Jackson returns
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 1:39 pm

posted by Nimue on Saturday, May 25th 2013

The hologram

https://vine.co/v/bV7Q3u7nvLT

I used google tranlator. The original article is in French and was posted 2 days before the premier:

Michael Jackson arrives at ONE LAS VEGAS

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Photo-6-1024x1024
4 young people moving in a human adventure during which they will discover the values ​​and qualities that define Michael Jackson, namely agility, courage, joy and love. This is the starting point of the second show created by Cirque du Soleil together with the Estate of Michael Jackson: ONE.

This show in residence proposes a new vision of the world of the artist, and complements the already presented in the highly successful Immortal.

The management of the resort of Mandalay Bay (Las Vegas) and the Estate of MJ go through ONE, give Michael Jackson and his artistic legacy maximum exposure that will touch the vast audience that stays in Sin City . Since the early 2000s, Las Vegas has reinvented itself by becoming the essential place of entertainment in North America.

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Photo-5-1024x1024
At the entrance to the auditorium

Located a few meters from slot machines and poker tables, not to mention shops are always full, the theater was re-designated the sauce Jackson riddled with diamonds, walk lights that reveals a giant fresco Jackson dancing his famous Moonwalk: nothing was left to chance in order to impose passersby and visitors the essence of Jacksonian codes. The scene that had previously hosted The Lion King and Mama Mia has been remodeled and redesigned: Now it is surrounded by video screens that form a sort of bubble to accentuate the immersive side show.

ONE is a residency show, teams of Cirque du Soleil have developed technically difficult tricks to manage on a traveling show. Thus, the sound system has to discover "a rock concert with the sound of an IMAX," said John Branca.

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Photo-3-3-1024x1024
Off the Wall: at the entrance to the auditorium, the walls bear the titles of the songs of the King of Pop.

The show that I discovered this Saturday, May 18 is not entirely successful: some elements will be finalized in the coming weeks. If some previews will be held from 23 May, the show will be officially launched on June 29 With these guidelines in mind, I prefer to give you some impressions over the setlist of songs that have been proposed to us (in chronological order of course).

The selection of songs chosen can finally reassess some little known to the general public as Smile, Speechless, Tabloid Junkie or Stranger In Moscow whose single output at the time was still quite confidential titles on American soil. Justice is thus made to the HIStory album will now resonate in the ears of the general public in Las Vegas. Let there also quite a bet that dared to offer more confidential public securities would be entitled to require that the great classics of the artist.

Unlike Immortal, plays least ONE map mash-up to present the songs more fully. However, the radius of surprises, a mix / virtual duet between Human and Nature Never Can Say Goodbye weaves a gateway through time, with an interesting correspondence between the words of these two classics. Kevin Antunes told me to be proud of this discovery: "When I work, I let it run several machine. At one time these two songs began to turn at the same time on two different sources. And I had a flash. I began to associate to my virtual mixer before shaping this mash-up in the studio. "Smile During a series of unpublished photographs of Michael Jackson dressed as Charlie Chaplin appeared on the giant screens. While some titles like JAM, Smooth Criminal and Thriller partially resumed arrangements already designed to Immortal, others serve as soundtrack to numbers that can also dive into the world of Cirque than Jackson and the true-false street number on Working Day and Night, with a dancer who takes the antics of a gloved hand, in the great tradition of the best cabaret, lets dive into the world of illusion and trompe l' eye. Conspicuously absent Immortal, The Way You Make Me Feel unveils shock and sexy game that finds its place in this city to increasingly glamorous accents. Also in this register, Kevin Antunes has managed to combine Diana Dirty, Dangerous and some passages In The Closet to give life to a dark number where the dating game always ends up as a trap closes.

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Photo-2-2-1024x1024
Kevin Antunes

Unlike Immortal Billie Jean stands apart, outside round medley. The legendary rhythm of the song, the dancers dressed in costumes LED embark on a choreography where the colors of the LEDs and the unit movements demonstrate how the digital age people are different but able to unite . Another moment of poetry: Earth Song and play clean and efficient shadow that values ​​up the message of the song. These images suggested by Cirque own poetry and the world of Jackson can discover several issues that are inventing new situations instead of trying to recreate the world of short films or concerts the King of Pop.

The theme of solidarity, and that feeling of being united by the same feelings have inspired the title ONE. Throughout his career, Michael Jackson has not stopped singing against racial and cultural barriers: "We are all the same," he sings Can You Feel It, and "it does not matter that you're black or white, "he says in" Black or Whiite. It is this thread that gives rise to the story of four characters in search of identity all throughout the show. "Transformation" of the 4 heroes is reflected in the table on Man In The Mirror. In this sequence, a hologram with magical powers appeared on stage. Like the video game "Michael Jackson The Experience," a "performer" plays the role of the King of Pop. Using special effects, its silhouette is dematerialized in golden dust that affects all 4 characters. The hologram fleet and on stage, distilling its values ​​and strength, giving the impression that the spirit of the singer addresses not only the protagonists of the story but also the spectators. After Can You Feel It effectively or clip images on the big screen remain effective, just Another Part Of Me conclude adventure. ONE is not completed therefore unable any notes tearful and seeks, instead, to give viewers the feeling of belonging to something unique: the music and the art of Michael Jackson have a constant influence in our world: music, movies, fashion ... his time on earth has left traces that continue to capture the attention of young people. ONE is a tribute to all its qualities that make his art is undoubtedly the simplest and raw expression of altruism. He gave the best of himself in the world, and it is this legacy that more than ever, must endure and continue to reach new generations.

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Photo-3-2-1024x1024
BONUS:

In the best American tradition, the output of the theater leads directly to a gift shop that offers a lot of articles for the curious and lovers. If This Is It derivatives were rather disappointed by their questionable quality and inadequacy with the image of the artist, those proposed today by Bravado (generic DOJ) and the Cirque du Soleil (range ONE) increase the level . Sober or more LEDs Tshirts according to the tastes, the red sweatshirt marked the famous JJ logo, not to mention notebooks or shell iPhone 5 that can blend in the everyday products without falling in foil: different profiles fans and lovers (do not forget the simple tourists who seek a simple memory) have not been neglected. Also note: the complete discography of Michael Jackson on Epic / Sony is available on site. Only reference to the absent call, Michael released the CD in late 2010. Major collectors can also find on site a selection of original articles submitted by third parties (individuals who are not part of the Estate) signed by Michael Jackson album covers, Tshirts and the proposed tour programs for sale (price: 5 000 to 12 000). In Las Vegas, more than anywhere else, everyone can find something ...

Richard Lecocq / Photos: Richard Lecocq @ Instagram

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Photo-4-1024x1024

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Photo-3-1024x1024

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Photo-7-1024x1024

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Photo-5-2-1024x1024

MICHAEL JACKSON - ONE | Previews from May 23, 2013 | Opening June 29, 2013

http://mjdatabank.com/mjjnews/wordpress/2013/05/21/michael-jackson-one-arrive-a-las-vegas/
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 1:49 pm

posted by Nimue on Sunday, May 26th 2013

Hahahaha...

I got this picture on twitter and I jumpped on my seat at first. Took me some time to see it was not him.

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 0507MJone03_t653

I look to the dancer at the right and the way he is holding the camera and for one second I thought it was Michael...hehehe

Going crazy here

If the premier was May 23 why this ticket is for May 18?

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Cdstic10

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:06 pm

posted by Nimue on Tuesday, May 28th 2013

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:10 pm

posted by Nimue on Sunday, June 23rd 2013

Jamie King On Michael Jackson: 'I Learned Everything I Know About Show Business From Michael Jackson'

Dancer Jamie King worked with Michael Jackson through the years and visits Access Hollywood Live to talk about directing the new Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson tribute show. What surprised him most about the King of Pop? Cirque du Soleil's "Michael... more

Katherine Jackson will be at the premiere (mentioned at end of clip).
So maybe the kids will be there too.

Video here:

http://watch.accesshollywood.com/video/jamie-king-on-michael-jackson:-i-learned-everything-i-know-about-show-business-from-michael-jackson/2494933520001#

At the beginning of the video they talked about James Louis Viutton shoes (they talked about Michael's huge hands also).

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Louiv310

The Louis Viutton reference reminds me the note found at Michael's bedroom:

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Michael-jackson-evidence-photos-inside-death-house-drugs-propofol-0234-480w

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:10 pm

posted by Nimue on Monday, June 24th 2013

From the Estate of Michael Jackson.
Hello!

Starting this week, you will find that the performances of Michael Jackson ONE through Mid-October will be available for booking. This will include performances on a very special night when Michael Jackson ONE is usually dark. See if you can figure out the special date! More details on these special performances will be coming soon.

Will it be Oct 28?
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:14 pm

posted by Nimue on Saturday, June 29th 2013

At MJ ONE red carpet. Katherine, Prince, Blanket are here as well as Majestic and other Jackson children

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 BN9__xWCIAAoU-d

Prince Jackson and Katherine Jackson on the #MJONE red carpet

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 BN-K6sLCMAAvitM

The Jackson family on the red carpet @michaeljackson ONE premiere

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 BN-K3ogCAAAhrx4

What the audience sees when get in:
Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Oneaud10

@JackieJackson5@titojackson5@Marlon_Jackson with Berry Gordy on the #MJONE red carpet!

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 BN-SPlkCIAA01uI

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:16 pm

posted by Nimue on Saturday, June 29th 2013

7 pm show. Jacksons are somewhere here

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 BN-W4UeCIAMGYiM

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:21 pm

posted by Nimue on Sunday, June 30th 2013

It is very interesting the pics from ONE Michael Jackson premier. It cames at the same time the Mirror published an article trashing Michael's name. Let's take a look:

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Oneaud10

Before even the show starts there is a kind of screen full of tabloids headlines, one of the tabloids called WEEKLY RUMORS

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Bn-q8m10

The other tabloid is called DAILY LIARS, very appropiated don't you think?

In another topic here is Mrs Jaclson saying hello:

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 BN-LgwvCQAE_W2n

and the after party. Take a note to the FULL MOON there is a face there.

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Bn-73r10

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Facemo10

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:24 pm

posted by The Fairy on Monday, July 1st 2013

Is this really just an accident? My heart goes out to her family

Cirque du Soleil artist dies after fall in Vegas

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Df63d13a-1a09-442e-a65a-b1a27eb110ff_AP952652776454

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A Paris-born performer in Cirque du Soleil's "Ka" died after a fall during a show in Las Vegas.

Sarah Guyard-Guillot was pronounced dead late Saturday night at a hospital after falling about 50 feet from the show's stage.

Witnesses told the Las Vegas Sun (http://bit.ly/14H3Te0 ) that the accident occurred near the end of the production Saturday night at the MGM Grand.

Visitor Dan Mosqueda of Colorado Springs, Colo., said the 31-year-old acrobatic performer was being hoisted up the side of the stage when it appeared that she slipped free of her safety wire and plummeted to an open pit below the stage.

"Initially, a lot of people in the audience thought it was part of the (show)," he told the Sun. "But you could hear screaming, then groaning, and we could hear a female artist crying from the stage."

The show momentarily continued, then stopped. Minutes after the accident, a recorded announcement informed audience members that refunds or vouchers to future shows would be offered, and the crowd was dismissed.

Cirque du Soleil founder Guy Laliberte issued a statement Sunday praising Guyard-Guillot and saying performances of "Ka" have been canceled until further notice.

Guyard-Guillot, a mother of two children, had been with the original cast of "Ka" since 2006, and had been an acrobatic performer for over 20 years.

"I am heartbroken. I wish to extend my sincerest sympathies to the family. We are all completely devastated," Laliberte said. "We are reminded with great humility and respect how extraordinary our artists are each and every night. Our focus now is to support each other as a family."

Cirque officials are working with authorities investigating the accident and have offered their full cooperation, he added.

The Clark County Coroner's Office will rule on the cause of death.

The MGM Grand also issued a statement concerning the accident.

"Our company is deeply saddened by the loss of one of the talented KA artists Saturday night," it reads. "The thoughts and prayers of our employees are with the performer's family, the cast of KA, and the entire Cirque family during this difficult time."

The accident occurred while Cirque's top executives, including president Daniel Lamarre, were in Las Vegas to celebrate the premiere of "Michael Jackson One" at Mandalay Bay.

On Wednesday night, a performer in a preview performance of that show suffered a mild concussion after missing the protective pad below an act and landing on the stage. That artist is expected to return to the show.

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:26 pm

posted by Nimue on Tuesday, July 2nd 2013

Video at the site:
Amazing footage of new Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson show

http://www.itn.co.uk/Entertainment/79735/amazing-footage-of-new-cirque-du-soleil-michael-jackson-show

But the next article is very interesting, more interesting is that this article was posted by the Mirror tabloid, the one trashing Michael's name :

Cirque Du Soleil: Michael Jackson's ghost 'haunting Las Vegas show'

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Cirque-du-Soleil-the-Estate-of-Michael-Jackson-present-MICHAEL-JACKSON-ONE-2019537
Cirque du Soleil & the Estate of Michael Jackson present MICHAEL JACKSON ONE

Michael Jackson's ghost has been spookily haunting the Las Vegas stage show written in memory of him, cast members have claimed.

Cirque Du Soleil's 'One' promises to bring fans much closer to the King of Pop with their intimate performance.

And the cast and crew feel that Jackson has been haunting them for several months, while they work on the new spectacular at the Mandalay Bay Hotel.

Show creator Jamie King reckons Michael has guided his work from beyond the grave - with some staff feeling that the star has helped them create their latest Cirque Du Soleil smash.

Sound designer Jonathan Deans confirmed as he watched dress rehearsals he could feel Jackson in the purpose built theatre at the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas.

Award winning Deans, from London, said::"His presence is definitely here.You close your eyes and he's in the room.

"Hopefully he will be sitting here saying that is great."

Jamie said: "I have sensed from the very beginning at Michael has been with me all along. I am not just the story creator and director, but that I am the co director with Michael.

"My intention from the very beginning was to create a show that Michael would wanted to create himself, so I do not do that alone."

Asked if he could feel his presence around him during rehearsals Jamie added: "Absolutely. I didn't make one decision that I felt Michael wouldn't have wanted ."

video at the site

Fans were also convinced that the King Of Pop was resurrected when a life size hologram appeared on stage at the opening night on Saturday.

Some overcome concert goers broke down in tears as the music icon sang and danced to his classic hit Man In The Mirror.

His mother Katherine Jackson wiped away tears during touching moments as she joined thousands watching the event, featuring a haunting holographic ***** spinning and moonwalking, in the 90 minute show- which is already Vegas' hottest ticket.

One guest Jo Booth, from Los Angeles, admitted: "I thought it was Michael on the stage at that moment. I felt my heart stop and I just broke down. It was so powerful.

"I wasn't the only one crying. A lot of us were reaching for our handkerchiefs, I felt like Michael was back in the room and it sent shivers down the back of my spine."

Welby Altidor , Director of Creation, confirmed: "We never refer to Michael as a ghost. We refer to him as a presence.

"Through hearing his voice, music and seeing images ultimately people remember something and they project what they remember of his experience and it makes him more alive. The audience have been very moved by it."

*****'s brother Marlon, who watched the show alongside ***** sons Prince and Blanket, feels that Michael's spirit haunts them when they are on stage too."He's on stage when we're performing. We feel his spirit on stage."

King and Deans spoke at the world premiere held at the Michael Jackson One theatre at the Mandalay Bay Hotel on the famous Vegas strip.

The newly created space has over 5400 surround sound speakers in the auditorium , with each seat having three.

One is a slick, tonic fusion of acrobatics, dance and visuals that take crowds to a journey of the spirit and music of the King Of Pop.

In just three days it has become the party town's hottest show.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/cirque-du-soleil-michael-jacksons-2019365#.UdNBLkoZ2WE.twitter
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:28 pm

posted by Nimue on Saturday, July 6th 2013

‘Michael Jackson One’ puts a new spin on familiar themes and scenes

An effective way to measure the power and breadth of “Michael Jackson One” is to check out the folks seated in the audience during the performance.

Look at their heads, specifically. They bob rhythmically to the music thundering from more than 7,000 speakers spread throughout the theater, most built into the seats. They shake in disbelief and not in approval. They turn in every direction, in case they miss a singer sitting in a moon sliver or an aerialist dressed as a zombie.

You can’t catch everything in the new Cirque show at Mandalay Bay Theater, and that’s OK. What is evident is this show is as muscular and aggressive as any production the company has staged on the Strip. Some members of the company have said “MJ One” is to be Cirque’s “redemption” show, a way to return to its groundbreaking roots after missing the mark with “Viva Elvis,” a show that did not get good fast enough to avoid being swept out of the Aria. “Zarkana,” also staged at the Aria, is an often astonishing production, but it largely seems like a sequel of “Mystere” — it's highly impressive but carries some of the same traditional circus framework. But if there is a Cirque show to track as “MJ One” begins a highly publicized run on the Strip, it is “Zarkana,” where ticket sales have been pretty sluggish.

“MJ One” is fresh in the sense that Cirque has managed to stage acrobatic acts and tricks of technology you feel you have never seen before, even among its other seven shows on the Strip. This is no magic show, by definition, but Cirque has achieved illusion by taking components of the familiar and making them look as if they were conceived today.

A principal example is “Billie Jean,” one of Jackson’s most famous videos and also the song he performed on the "Motown 25" anniversary show that introduced the moonwalk dance move to a national audience. As the song’s familiar beat fills the theater, a lineup of dancers dressed in LED-trimmed costumes perform a group version of the song we know so well. These illuminated costumes blink to the beat and the dancers perform the steps with a precision that takes countless hours to achieve. Those in the audience erupt at this number, for what they remember and for what they haven’t seen.

Scaffolds are summoned for the great lean-forward move in “Smooth Criminal,” where again there is a new flavor for something familiar: Instead of a single Jackson figure with a small group performing that gravity-defying move, a couple dozen spread across the stage, stand amid the skeletal structures and lurch forward (specially designed shoes make this possible). Artificial snow, a relic from “Storm” in the same venue, falls anew during “I Can’t Stop Loving You.”

The dancing pole, admittedly a stage prop that could well be packed and stored, is given an updated presentation with a pair curves for “Dirty Diana.” The dancer, wearing a demonic red silk costume spins while being hoisted high above the stage.

Trampolines, long a Cirque hallmark (this is one troupe whose jobs really do have them bouncing off the walls), are rolled out once more for the expressly gothic take on “Thriller.” Marked in the bottom of one of the raised trampolines is a black T. It’s a target. Not satisfied with leaping across the tops of these trampolines, artists bound from top-to-bottom in a piston-like action. Bursting around that act are pyrotechnics and artists costumed as the undead, soaring high over the audience.

Wisely, the show avoids the sort of rote, chronological story arc that tripped up “Viva Elvis.” The references to the real Jackson are plentiful but fast-moving; segments of the “Bad” video are recalled, but not the full-length video (which many fans originally said should be called “Stupid” and was mocked legendarily by "Weird Al" Yankovic). The “Thriller” dance segment and “Billie Jean” steps are effectively resurrected, as are clips of young Michael — the one we liked in the first place — singing “I’ll Be There,” which are undeniably moving.

The idea is to draw out what we enjoyed about Jackson and blend those moments with Cirque’s incredible acrobatics, and that does work. The references to Jackson’s various idiosyncrasies — the stuff even many of his fans found pretty weird — are scant. A big skeleton of the Elephant Man, a long-lost hint at Jackson’s interest in the remains of Joseph Merrick, is rolled along the stage. You either get it or not, but such moments are brief and serve as artistic asterisks as Jackson’s music and videos are celebrated.

At the end of the show, the real Jackson does emerge. Or so it seems. It’s a hologram, and a pretty convincing one, of the adult Jackson singing and dancing to “Man in the Mirror.” The figure dissolves into the child Michael Jackson, then again to the adult, and you feel like you are watching a spectacle with a real person at the center.

It’s as close as Cirque can come to the real article. This is a group that takes the risks and invites all challengers. At “MJ One,” you just shake your head, blown away by it all.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/blogs/kats-report/2013/jul/05/michael-jackson-one-show-bobs-and-moves/#axzz2YGGNEBKl
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:29 pm

posted by Nimue on Monday, July 8th 2013

The way Michael Jackson made us feel

How will the future judge the golden era of popular music that began in the middle of the 1950s and dribbled to a close sometime in the late 1980s? Changes in the making and marketing of music, and the way we listen to it, are having momentous effects on the industry. What will be left for posterity? Vinyl, the medium that transmitted most of pop’s most glorious moments, is already an ancient artefact, collected by zealots, hipsters and, presumably, the British Museum. Compact discs are already on their way out. The video clip is an outdated promotional tool. How will we remember the stars of pop? Talent shows? Tribute bands? Obscure retro radio channels?

Mozart is still celebrated because his music continues to be played by orchestra members who devote their lives to mastering his compositions. His genius is freeze-packed to last: modern orchestras do not look or sound dramatically different from those of his lifetime. Audiences are respectful of the ritual of attending concerts. They are reverential towards a period of musical innovation that will never go out of fashion; it is a touchstone for our deepest cultural aspirations.

But pop doesn’t have a hope of matching that kind of longevity. It has whored itself to corporate greed, and to the desperate desires of its practitioners to achieve instant fame and wealth. Who, over the age of 11, can actually remember last year’s X Factor winner? Perhaps it is only right that an art form that was designed to deliver evanescent pleasure should end like this: a bright comet that is already fast receding. But it is a shame. Pop music did become an art form. And it should be remembered, not least for the sake of its few true stars.

Perhaps there is another way. Tonight sees the premiere, in Las Vegas, of a new Cirque du Soleil show, the latest of eight theatrical productions by the company that has embedded itself in the Nevadan city. Michael Jackson One is a tribute to the singer who died four summers ago, remembered in too many quarters for a ruinous decline rather than the excellence that marked his very best work.

The show seeks to redress that imbalance. Like Spike Lee’s recent documentary on the making of the Bad album, it refuses to dwell on the dark side of Michael Jackson. This is not a biography, skewed or otherwise. This is a celebration. And it is breathtakingly effective.

Cirque du Soleil’s uneasy fusion of circus skills and artistic ambition leaves many people cold, notwithstanding the company’s worldwide popularity. At best, it provides fresh impetus for a form of entertainment that seemed moribund a couple of decades ago. At worst, the attempted symbiosis of freakishly talented performers and psychobabble global village idealism is pretentious.

The first signs that there was a more fruitful way ahead for the troupe was with its Vegas production of The Beatles Love , a show which unexpectedly gained the approval and active co-operation of the surviving members of the group. Their instincts were solid: the musical, which has been running for eight years at the Mirage hotel, is a clever and well-conceived homage to some of the greatest pop songs ever written.

Like Love, One is designed to stay in one place, requiring the theatre at the Mandalay Bay resort to be adapted around the show, rather than the other way around.

Technologically, it has raised the bar to a new level. Each of the theatre’s 1,800 seats has three speakers. The stage has 66 winches with speeds of up to 12 feet per second. There are 587 lighting fixtures, and 295 custom LED fixtures built into the set pieces. The mise-en-scène is staggering in scale: 26 projectors, 11 TV monitors, a 40-ft wide LED wall made up of eight separate columns.

It could so easily have been a mess. Where there is this kind of towering aspiration, hubris perpetually lurks backstage. But One, which I saw in a preview earlier this month, is a triumph. In remaining faithful to Jackson’s love of showmanship and fantasy, and remaining undistracted by the shambles that his public persona turned into, the show is respectful to his art, the only thing that ever really mattered.

One grips by the throat from its very first song, “Beat It”. A plot, of sorts, is expounded: a group of four young people attempt to break into a show and get sucked into a fantastical “vortex” peopled by fabulously costumed characters: paparazzi in Darth Vader-esque outfits, with electronic ticker tape running across their chests, confronted by a white-suited dance corps which does battle with them. Huge screens surrounding the stage show original footage of Jackson in action, while acrobats swing from the back of the hall on to the stage.

The choreography, supervised by Jamie King, who is known for his work with Madonna and Rihanna and who danced with Jackson on the Dangerous world tour (1992-93), is both faithful to Jackson’s innovations and playfully improvises on them. There is no strict imitation here, but plenty of homage. The direction is supercharged and lightning-fast. After five minutes of the show, you decide you have to see it again, if only to discover what you missed first time around. You simply cannot keep up.

Each minute is filled with little coups de théâtre. A pair of boots appears in mid-air, and they start to moonwalk on their own; in “Smooth Criminal”, the dance corps replicates the famous forward “lean” from the song’s original video; a television screen in the sky features the young Jackson singing “I’ll Be There”, an affecting moment amid the mayhem.

After its breathless opening, the part of the show that some will find irksome: “They Don’t Care About Us” and “Earth Song” are not among Jackson’s finest moments, and they feel overwrought and heavy-handed here. Only at this point does moralism threaten to derail the show. Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui, the Belgian-Moroccan choreographer whose contemporary dance pieces have a worldwide following, also worked on One. “Cirque du Soleil have had some incredible successes, but they wanted some new blood from outside,” he told me over coffee in Sadler’s Wells in London earlier this week. “They were not always so philosophical in their approach. They said we want the good guys here and the bad guys there, and I was saying, you know, the bad guys are not always bad.”

But it is a rare clumsy moment. The pace picks up again. For a Cirque show, the acrobatics are restrained, reluctant to intrude too much on the party. Jackson’s moves are not circus acts: the company’s performers have had to change their style from rubbery to raunchy. It works to telling effect on “Dirty Diana” and “The Way You Make Me Feel”.

For “Billie Jean”, we see a substantial part of the original video on the back-projected screens. “Michael created classic images that are embedded in our hearts and heads,” said Welby Altidor, the show’s director of creation, on the phone from Montreal. “And you can never be better than those classic images. We wanted to acknowledge the memories that are out there. It was a balancing act.”

“Thriller” is stupendous, featuring the show’s greatest “circus” moment as a dancer springs between two trampolines, and “Man in the Mirror” trumps the evening’s entertainment with a personal appearance, thanks to another astounding technological sleight of hand, of Jackson himself. It is at the same time ghostly, moving, funny and a little bit weird.

Altidor said he wanted the audience to feel “enveloped” by the show. The “immersion” factor has become a cliché of contemporary entertainment, but One marks out fresh ground. It shows us, perhaps for the first time, how the legacy of great pop music will establish itself: not through vapid imitations on primetime TV shows, or muckraking biographies, or late-night vinyl junkie sessions in dank basements.

To watch One and Love in 20, or 50, or 100 years’ time will be the nearest we can get to understanding the greatness of a period that is already receding in our rear-view mirrors. Pop music, the cultural historians of the future will say, really did have that visceral, effervescent appeal. It invented new things, and made you happy to be alive, not unlike Mozart. This is how it should be remembered. Big and bold and blowing your mind.

‘Michael Jackson One’, Mandalay Bay Resort, Las Vegas

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/e57b85e2-df13-11e2-881f-00144feab7de.html#axzz2XdF55ZfH

Katherine Jackson: Why Watching Cirque Du Soleil's
video was removed/deleted, not sure if the one I am posting is the same

Ok Mrs Jackson what you cannot say about this show being a reflection of Michael's hard work?

OK then your so was a workaholic and this show brought out? How??????

So she was surprised by the hologram, with so many news about it. Didn't anyone tell her about it? She thougth he was there

Last edited by Nimue on 3rd November 2013, 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:33 pm

posted by Nimue on Monday, September 30th 2013

Backstage at Cirque du Soleil
Yahoo!7September 30, 10:22 am

Tom Williams gets a special look at the new Michael Jackson themed s

how.

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-morning-show/video/watch/19169404/backstage-at-cirque-du-soleil/
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:35 pm

posted by Nimue on Monday, October 14th 2013

MJ The Immortal Opens In Adelaide This week

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 111vvs

THE acrobats of Cirque du Soleil are sure to get a big hand when their show Michael Jackson The Immortal opens at the Entertainment Centre tomorrow.

Not that they need it – they’ve already got one.

The giant hand – a nod to the iconic white sequined glove Jackson wore when he first showed off his “moonwalk” during a 1983 Motown TV special – is just one of the eye-popping set pieces featured in the show, which concludes its whirlwind four-week Australian tour here on Thursday.

Starring 49 dancers, musicians and acrobats from around the world, MJ The Immortal is a fantastical tribute to the late king of pop written by Madonna’s long-time creative director Jamie King, who has also worked with such pop stars as Jennifer Lopez and Rihanna.

The gravity-defying, arena-style spectacular reimagines more than 35 of Jackson’s best-known songs – including Dangerous, Thriller, Beat It and Billie Jean - as acrobatic and gymnastic spectacles.

Just don’t expect Jackson himself to be there. One Melbourne punter reportedly demanded a refund on their tickets when they found out he wouldn’t be performing.

http://home.mj-upbeat.com/2013/10/14/mj-the-immortal-opens-in-adelaide-this-week/

I just have to say about this:

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 9k=

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Where%20have%20you%20been%20lately%20!!!
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:43 pm

posted by Nimue on Tuesday, October 22nd 2013

Interesting video, maybe we could take this apart

Some screenshots:

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Onesce10

The songs I Never Can Say Goodbye and Human Nature combined:

Tell me why

Is it so

Don't wanna let yo go (WHY? WHY?)

I Never can say goodbye (TELL THEM IS HUMAN NATURE)

WHY? WHY? (I Never can say goodbye)

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Onesce11

The Giants are watching and it seems one Giant asks or demands something from "Michael"

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Onesce12

and under Earth song, at this part, "Michael" is trying to get away from the Giant, he runs and runs

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Onesce13

But he is encaged inside of TV box, a big TV screem, he tries to escape

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Onesce14

and the Giant starts trying to manipulate him as a puppet.

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Onesce15

At one point people come together and Michael's raises with the Giant placing him under a big fedora hat.

Now the brothers says:

Question: One thing that says this is what this man is:

Tito: his giving and concern for other people

Jackie: his humanitarian as a person

Marlon: he was a prankster..

Marlon's answer sound off in the context of the question
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty3rd November 2013, 3:45 pm

posted by The Fairy on Wednesday, October 23rd 2013

Very interesting Nimue and what a beautiful show

Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 244px-Michael_jackson_one_cirque_du_soleil

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cirque du Soleil    Cirque du Soleil  - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cirque du Soleil
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES :: Cirque du Soleil and other tributes :: Cirque du Soleil Michael Jackson-
Jump to: