MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES
WELCOME TO MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES
WELCOME TO MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping to fulfill his mission

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mj210
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Key11
Welcome to
Michael Jackson
Flying Fairies
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Michae10
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mj_quo11
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mj_quo10
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mj10
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Key-to10

Welcome to
Michael Jackson
Flying Fairies
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mj_quo16
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mj310
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mj_quo17
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mj411
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mj_quo17
Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Let_us10

Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nimue

Nimue

Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 10:15 am

posted by MaryJo on Monday, July 25th 2011

http://www.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/25/jackson.tribute.concert/

Michael Jackson's family plans tribute concert
By Alan Duke, CNN
July 25, 2011 11:27 a.m. EDT July 25, 2011 11:27 a.m. EDT

Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 T1larg.katherine.jackson

Katherine Jackson has announced "Michael Forever The Tribute Concert."

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother and four of her of children called a news conference in Beverly Hills on Monday to announce a concert "in honor of one of the greatest and most loved entertainers of our time."

While a news release avoided using Michael Jackson's name, the website of the company that issued it promoted a "Michael Forever The Tribute Concert."

Executors for the late pop singer's estate were unaware of the planned tribute and have not been approached to authorize the use of his name, estate spokesman Jim Bates told CNN on Monday.

The show, which is to be produced in London by a British company, will "feature the world's most amazing music performers," the release said. Some of them will presumably be revealed at the news conference at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Monday.

Along with matriarch Katherine Jackson, brothers Marlon, Tito and Jackie, and sister La Toya Jackson were scheduled to attend the announcement, the release said.

The brothers recently began planning for a possible Jackson reunion show, Jermaine Jackson told CNN last month.

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 10:18 am

posted by Nimue on Monday, July 25th 2011

I wonder if Murray's trial will be postponed again, because it says that Katherine and her family will be at England on Oct 8th.. ok it is a Saturday but only 18 days after Sep 20th when Murray's trial is supposed to start.

Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mjtrib11

In this logo it says 1958 and 2009. Interesting also the floor at the main page it lights up like in Billie Jean

Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Mjtrib12

PS: Edited: Interesting that number IV in the middle of the logo...

Off topic: I just found out that the forum allows me to rresize the picture that I already posted... I have to try I little bit more to see how it works...weee

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 1:51 pm

posted by shadow1026 on Monday, July 25th 2011

Quote :
Quote from Nimue on Monday, July 25th 2011 @ 9:27 AM

I wonder if Murray's trial will be postponed again, because it says that Katherine and her family will be at England on Oct 8th.. ok it is a Saturday but only 18 days after Sep 20th when Murray's trial is supposed to start.
Murray is not having a trial. He's not dead.

On the website there is a countdown tally when the tickets go on sale.

It says the tickets go on sale starting in 9 days.

I'm thinking-- either it will be known to the public before 9 days that Mike really isn't dead, or the estate will stop the tribute.

They could be in big trouble if they are implying Mike is dead when he really isnt, in order to get money for charities. Unless, it is known before 9 days that this tribute will show the real Mike and then it will not be misleading to the public.

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 1:52 pm

In this tribute they dont use Michaels full name, so the Estate cant legally stop it.

The date 1958 2009 indicates the year he was born & the year he passed. This tribute is geared around his life & the idea he passed. Yes tributes can be for the living, but in this case they arent indicating that hes living.

For obvious reasons, I dont see anyway he could comeback after / IF this tribute actually happens.
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 1:56 pm

Quote :
Quote from MaryJo on Monday, July 25th 2011 @ 10:02 AM

In this tribute they dont use Michaels full name, so the Estate cant legally stop it.
The date 1958 2009 indicates the year he was born & the year he passed. This tribute is geared around his life & the idea he passed. Yes tributes can be for the living, but in this case they arent indicating that hes living.
For obvious reasons, I dont see anyway he could comeback after / IF this tribute actually happens.
Exactly!! I agree.

There is no way he will come back after the tribute. He will have to come back before the tickets go on sale in 9 days.

I'm impatiently awaiting the response from the estate in regards to her press conference.
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 1:57 pm

posted by The Fairy on Monday, July 25th 2011

Quote :
Quote from MaryJo on Monday, July 25th 2011 @ 9:14 AM
Executors for the late pop singer's estate were unaware of the planned tribute and have not been approached to authorize the use of his name, estate spokesman Jim Bates told CNN on Monday.
The brothers recently began planning for a possible Jackson reunion show, Jermaine Jackson told CNN last month.
What a coincidence that TMZ quotes Katherine Jackson for defending the Estate at the same time as the Estate says they werent aware of this tribute.

And what is the connection to Jermaines reunion plans?

Quote :
Quote from MaryJo on Monday, July 25th 2011 @ 10:02 AM

In this tribute they dont use Michaels full name, so the Estate cant legally stop it.The date 1958 2009 indicates the year he was born & the year he passed. This tribute is geared around his life & the idea he passed. Yes tributes can be for the living, but in this case they arent indicating that hes living. For obvious reasons, I dont see anyway he could comeback after / IF this tribute actually happens.
A tribute is an acknowledgment of gratitude, respect or admiration of a person and like Mary Jo also said, tributes can be made for ppl being alive.

For obvious reasons they can not say he is alive. I dont see why he can not come back after the tribute concert. Janet has several times made performances with tributes to Michael. Its a celebration of Michael's career and nothing had happened on June 09 they could still have this tribute concert. If Michael has the right explanation when he comes back saying his family had to pretend he was gone and that it was all to expose the bad guys. The tribute concert wouldnt be the only thing the family would be involved in where they make their appearances as if he is gone.

But I think something else is up. Its highly suspicious that Katherine who has had issues with the Estate before doesnt inform them prior to the planning of the concert.

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 2:00 pm

Quote :
Quote from mjmtc on Monday, July 25th 2011 @ 10:49 AM

A tribute is an acknowledgment of gratitude, respect or admiration of a person and like Mary Jo also said, tributes can be made for ppl being alive.
Yep, tributes can be made if a person is alive as well. BUT, the website states Mike died 2009. Do you know how many people can come back and try to sue just because they can say "THEY WERE MISLEAD HE WAS DEAD"? People can argue they only donated because they thought it was a good cause to pay tribute to his past life.

Quote :

For obvious reasons they can not say he is alive. I dont see why he can not come back after the tribute concert. Janet has several times made performances with tributes to Michael. Its a celebration of Michael's career and nothing had happened on June 09 they could still have this tribute concert. If Michael has the right explanation when he comes back saying his family had to pretend he was gone and that it was all to expose the bad guys. The tribute concert wouldnt be the only thing the family would be involved in where they make their appearances as if he is gone.
Janets concert is different than a TRIBUTE CONCERT to strictly honor Mike's life and death. Janet was performing her songs and dedicated certain parts of her concert to honor her brother. Her ticket stubs don't say she's donating all proceeds to a charity.

These so called tickets will say it's strictly for a charity. The only catch is that the website is stating he's DEAD. 1958-2009. People can come back and also argue that the Jackson's didn't really give the money to charity. That it was another way to make money by pretending Mike was dead when he wasn't. It will bring alot of angry people forward questioning the family and Mike's intentions.

Quote :

But I think something else is up. Its highly suspicious that Katherine who has had issues with the Estate before doesnt inform them prior to the planning of the concert.
It may be bait for the estate.

Oh, and before I forget, I don't believe that Katherine gave TMZ any interview or statement whatsoever. Something is very fishy about TMZ releasing this the same day of the press conference. I'm wondering who really is responsible for releasing this statement to TMZ?
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 2:02 pm

Quote :

I am not in a mood to say too much about it, but I agree Fairy.

Let's not forget that last year Katherine and Mann made a tribute "Forever Michael", which one the Estate filed papers against it and they did it anyway. I remember the prices were high at this Forever Michael tribute. I think Pearl has a video about it, she was invited, I guess.

Quote :

Yes, I also think something else is happening behind the curtain, really hard to grasp the clue of what it maybe.

I think CBS has a livestream but I am not watching it.

The press conference is over:

Global Live - Chris Hunt:

"This event will never be repeated"

Concert Title: Michael Forever, A Tribute Concert
4 hours long
75 thousands people
an intimate theatrical atmosphere

Charities
Aids Project Los Angeles
Cancer Charity - not named
Prince's Trust - Prince Charles organization

Over the next 10 days the talent will be revealed

August 3 second Press conference listing the line up and ticket process
Tickets on sale August 4 through the website

Tito - An Event he would approve.

Jackie - Michael was about Heal the World, Make a Change

Marlon - The warmth in this room is a true tribute to our brother, the media has taken shots at the family in the past.
Keeping this event about him and the charities. Not just Michael but the entire Jackson Family is about uniting the entire world...Study Peace

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 2:04 pm

Quote :

For obvious reasons they can not say he is alive. I dont see why he can not come back after the tribute concert. Janet has several times made performances with tributes to Michael. Its a celebration of Michael's career and nothing had happened on June 09 they could still have this tribute concert. If Michael has the right explanation when he comes back saying his family had to pretend he was gone and that it was all to expose the bad guys. The tribute concert wouldnt be the only thing the family would be involved in where they make their appearances as if he is gone
The main reason I see that he cant comeback after the tribute is that the family has already publically stated that hes dead.

The tribute is selling tickets to people who are under the assumption hes dead becuz the family said he is.

The ticket money is going to charity. The majority of people who buy tickets think hes dead and that their money will go to charitable purpose.

If he comes back after tribute,...the family has mislead the people into buying tickets.

Charity will have profited from his faked death.

I'm not an attorney, but whether his life was in danger or not, him coming back after a charitable profited tribute dont sound legal to me.

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 2:04 pm

jermaine just posted this on his twitter page... so he and randy are not involved

STATEMENT FROM JERMAINE & RANDY JACKSON
RE THE MICHAEL JACKSON TRIBUTE CONCERT

July 25, 2011

Today's press conference in Los Angeles announced a tribute concert to Michael to be attended and supported by the Jackson Family. However, we want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family.

While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that honors our brother, we find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death. As everyone knows, those proceedings commence September 20th, and this "Michael Forever" concert takes place in Cardiff, Wales, UK,on October 8th. In light of this, we feel it is inappropriate to be involved with such an ill-timed event and its promoter, Global Live.

Furthermore, the decision to proceed with this concert disrespects opinions and wishes expressed in the strongest terms to Global Live during conversations in April when this event was presented to the majority of the family as an idea already in its advanced stages.

There will come a time and place for an amazing and deserving tribute to Michael. But we feel that the most important tribute we can give to our brother at this time is to seek justice in his name.

JERMAINE JACKSON & RANDY JACKSON
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 2:06 pm

MaryJo wrote:
The main reason I see that he cant comeback after the tribute is that the family has already publically stated that hes dead.

The tribute is selling tickets to people who are under the assumption hes dead becuz the family said he is.

The ticket money is going to charity. The majority of people who buy tickets think hes dead and that their money will go to charitable purpose.

If he comes back after tribute,...the family has mislead the people into buying tickets.

Charity will have profited from his faked death.

I'm not an attorney, but whether his life was in danger or not, him coming back after a charitable profited tribute dont sound legal to me.
Well.. if this is true they are already doomed.

As I said before:

"Let's not forget that last year Katherine and Mann made a tribute "Forever Michael", which one the Estate filed papers against it and they did it anyway.

I the prices were high up to $500 a ticket at this Forever Michael tribute in 2010, and only part of it went to charity. No one knows about the rest.

I am still trying to find the video for the announcement. It seems CNN has it, but I couldn't locate it.

Interesting statement of Marlon:

Marlon - The warmth in this room is a true tribute to our brother, the media has taken shots at the family in the past. Keeping this event about him and the charities. Not just Michael but the entire Jackson Family is about uniting the entire world...Study Peace
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 2:08 pm

posted by mjmtc on Monday, July 25th 2011

Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 OB-OW377_jackso_E_20110725150433
The Jackson family at today’s press conference. From left, Katherine, La Toya, Tito, Jackie, Marlon.

BEVERLY HILLS—Four of Michael Jackson’s siblings, together with his mother, held a press conference here Monday morning to announce a concert this fall to pay tribute to their brother, who died a little over two years ago.

“Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert” is being staged Oct. 8 in Cardiff, Wales, at what an organizer called the largest indoor venue in Europe, the Millennium Centre.

The space is to be configured to seat over 75,000. Further specifics weren’t detailed at the press conference, which in addition to mother Katherine Jackson featured La Toya, Tito, Jackie and Marlon.

Neither the Jackson family members nor three executives from concert promoter Global Live Events said who would be performing. Even the four siblings on stage didn’t explicitly say whether they planned to do so.

Instead, the organizers said they will announce performers daily until Aug. 4, when tickets go on sale. They said the concert would last at least four hours. Prices weren’t announced.

In brief remarks, 81-year-old Katherine Jackson called the planned concert a “world-class event,” adding, “if my son was here today, he would feel the same way.”

Tito promised the concert would feature “all the artists [Michael] admired and respected so much,” though he didn’t name them.

“Michael loved doing things on a large, major scale,” he said. “This is definitely one that he would approve.”

The family and promoters didn’t take questions, and no mention was made of three absent Jackson siblings: Janet, Jermaine and Randy.

The press conference, held in a ballroom at the Beverly Hills Hotel, featured a brief video introduction that alluded to the name of the comeback concert series that Michael Jackson was planning at the time of his death in 2009. “This Is It” also became the title of the posthumous documentary feature that chronicled the singer’s preparations for the concert series. The movie went on to earn $261 million at the world-wide box office.

“Just when you thought that was it,” video screens in the ball room read as the assembled Jackson family members waited to speak.
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 2:10 pm

CNN updated the article:

Michael Jackson's family plans tribute concert

Los Angeles (CNN) -- Michael Jackson's mother and four of his siblings announced Monday a tribute concert for the late pop singer to be held in Wales in October, but the line-up for talent is still a secret.

There was a strong hint, however, that the "Michael Forever The Tribute Concert" would include a reunion of Michael Jackson's brothers.

Along with matriarch Katherine Jackson, brothers Marlon, Tito and Jackie, and sister La Toya Jackson attended the announcement at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

La Toya Jackson said the "tribute will be something that's spectacular" and is "far, far, well overdue.'

The Jacksons' mother called it "a show fit for a king,"

"If my son were here today, he would feel the same way," Katherine Jackson said.

The show will "feature the world's most amazing music performers," according to the head of British promoter Global Live Event. The roster will be revealed online one act at a time over the next two weeks, starting Tuesday, Chris Hunt said.

The Jackson brothers recently began planning for a possible Jackson reunion show, Jermaine Jackson told CNN last month.

All profits from the show would go to several U.S. and British charities, including a cancer group created by the Prince of Wales, Hunt said.

The October 8 show, in the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff, Wales, would be at least four hours long, Hunt said. The venue will seat up to 75,000 people, he said.

"I know my brother would be very, very proud to see all the artists that he admired and respected so much coming together for this event," Tito Jackson said.

Hunt presented the Jackson family with a $100,000 check that will go to a trust fund for Michael Jackson's three children, which they can access when they turn 21. The children, Katherine Jackson and unidentified charities are the sole beneficiaries of Jackson's wealthy estate

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/25/jackson.tribute.concert/

Quote :
The press conference, held in a ballroom at the Beverly Hills Hotel, featured a brief video introduction that alluded to the name of the comeback concert series that Michael Jackson was planning at the time of his death in 2009. “This Is It”.

“Just when you thought that was it,” video screens in the ball room read as the assembled Jackson family members waited to speak.
Hmmm.. the comeback concert: This is it?

The second sentence reminds me of Breaking News.. "When you thought he was done, he comes to give it again"

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty4th November 2013, 2:11 pm

Something seems off...

I need some help in figuring out what time the family held the tribute announcement press conf.

CNN reported the tribute announcemnt at 11:27am EDT = 10:27am my time.

Fairy Forum shows I posted the CNN article at 9:14am...is this 9:14am my time?? or LA time??

I'm not sure, what time Fairy has the forums posting times set at.

Going by CNNs article ....the press conference must of been held at around 8am L.A. time.

Is there any way of knowing for sure what time they held the LA press conference??

8am LA time seems really early in the morning for a family press conference.

Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Zzzmxz10

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert   Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jackson Family MJ Tribute Concert
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2