MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES
WELCOME TO MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES
WELCOME TO MICHAEL JACKSON FLYING FAIRIES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helping to fulfill his mission

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Murray Appeal Mj210
Murray Appeal Key11
Welcome to
Michael Jackson
Flying Fairies
Murray Appeal Michae10
Murray Appeal Mj_quo11
Murray Appeal Mj_quo10
Murray Appeal Mj10
Murray Appeal Key-to10

Welcome to
Michael Jackson
Flying Fairies
Murray Appeal Mj_quo16
Murray Appeal Mj310
Murray Appeal Mj_quo17
Murray Appeal Mj411
Murray Appeal Mj_quo17
Murray Appeal Let_us10

Murray Appeal

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty14th October 2013, 3:54 pm

posted by ElkeHassell on Thursday, February 2nd 2012

http://www.scribd.com/doc/80158211/Notice-of-Motion-and-Motion-for-Release-Pending-Appeal?secret_password=1no6ie13r6g5nvfay39a

This is the offical court document
court date: February 24, 2012 [Friday]
time: 8:30a [PST]
Judge: Hon. Michael Pastor

RE: Conrad R. Murray motion for release pending appeal hearing.

1/31/2012 4:15 PM ET
(RTTNews) - Michael Jackson's convicted former physician Conrad Murray has filed a request to be released from prison while his appeal is pending.

Murray was sentenced to four years for involuntary manslaughter after administering a lethal dose of the surgical sedative Propofol to Jackson.

According to CBS.com, Murray filed the paper work with Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor, claiming that his legal team has advised that the "appeal will take well over a year before an opinion is rendered."

"I am aware of the fact that I will have to serve out the remainder of my sentence less credit for the time I have served if I am not successful on appeal," wrote Murray.

He also says that he would "endeavor to seek employment within the parameters allowed by the court so that I could contribute to the support of each of my children."
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty14th October 2013, 4:00 pm

posted by Nimue on Friday, February 3rd 2012 @

Thanks Elke for the info. I am working my way through it, 63 pages and I am still in page 8. I will post some of it just to have the record of what may be interesting. I thought Flanagan was not his lawyer anymore. I wonder what or who broght him back to action:

An Intro:

Murray Appeal Murray18
Murray Appeal Murray19
Murray Appeal Murray20
Murray Appeal Murray21

Now moving for what matters:
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty14th October 2013, 4:08 pm

posted by Nimue on Friday, February 3rd 2012

Murray Appeal Murray22

Since when he lives in Santa Monica for 6 years or even 3 years. If I recall correctly during the trial Nicole said that Murray didn't have a permanent address and he would spend some nights at her apartament...

Are there 3 of his children missig? I thought he had 7 children.

Murray Appeal Murray23

Of course he couldn't practice, his "license" expired and he didn't apply for a new one!

Murray Appeal Murray24

Murray Appeal Murray25

Murray Appeal Murray26

Very interesting choice of words.. "unusual situation" and desire to assist a friend (Michael) during a difficult situation.

As far as we now his license in Texas wasn't suspended and the one at Nevada just expired. I have to check Texas again.

Murray Appeal Murray27

Ok I will be back with more later....
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty14th October 2013, 4:15 pm

A little bit more:

Murray Appeal Murray28

Murray Appeal Murray29

Now it comes Klein and Jason again and the testimony of the bodyguards.

Murray Appeal Murray30

and they are using the fact of it was televised and the gag order on the defense team, with their interviews about the trial.

Murray Appeal Murray31

Interesting what they say about the media, when they used the media as well and also the documentary.

Now they call attention to the bad side of the media and how it affects the justice system.

However, nothing is said about the defense witness atending to the prosecution's witness testimony (Dr. Shafer).
Murray Appeal Murray32

According with probation officer the recomendation was maximun in jail. We have this document around here, maybe in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty14th October 2013, 4:22 pm

Murray Appeal Murray33

Murray Appeal Murray34

At the beginning of this document Murray has 4 children to support, now comes again the number 7. He has 7 children now. Maybe someone should tell them how many he really has.

It seems he has another profession on hold..

Murray Appeal Murray35

They talk like Murray could not be walking around, but before the trial he was walking freely and no one was bothering him. On the airplane episode the person didn't even know who was Murray. By the way, at the information sector of LAPD they also didn't know who Murray was.

Murray Appeal Murray36

This part is the joke of the document. If this is true Nicole is already under penalty of perjury since she said during the trial the opposite, but more interesting is what comes next:

Murray Appeal Murray37

SHE DOES NOT SIGN IT!.

To be continued....
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty14th October 2013, 4:26 pm

posted by Nimue on Monday, February 6th 2012

Hehehe... new thread.. hehehe..

I am still working on it. They keep saying the same things over and over again so I am trying to skip some parts. But just for a comparison:

From the Probation officer:

Murray Appeal Murrpr33

From Murray's appeal:

Murray Appeal Murray32

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty14th October 2013, 4:31 pm

A little bit more...24 from 63 pages:

Murray Appeal Murray38

... context of the larger life of which it is a part...??? What does it mean?

Murray Appeal Murray39

whether ones believes... or not? I thought after the trial it would be final..

Privacy... Murray did a documentary, what privacy he is talking about?

Murray Appeal Murray40

It seems Murray will walk after all.. All for the show!

Murray Appeal Murray41

It seems that the Children Hospital has an important part on it. First, Michael's "slurred speech" during the trial and now again during Murray's appeal.

In that speech Michael never said Murray was part of it, why it comes again?

I will skip some parts of it and post at the other thread about the people mentioned on the appeal...
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 2:45 pm

posted by Nimue on Tuesday, February 7th 2012

Where was I?... hmmm.. back to work them...

Murray Appeal Murray42

Murray Appeal Murray43

Number 3 is interesting. The question is about the victim and here the defense implies that Michael is not vulnerable or fagrile. Several lawyers??? What does it has to do with vulnerability of the victim?

Also the answer sounds like they are talking about Murray's vulnerability... "largely concealed from..."

Number 4 also. The question is if Murray inflicted injury so "death" is not a physical injury....

but reading between the lines the answer would be "Murray tried to alliveated physical or emmotinal suffering"...

Number 5 is great. the question is about monetary loss to the victim and the answer is about monetary loss of Murray...

Number 7...hmmmmm...Michael is experienced in manipulating others.... hmmmm

Murray Appeal Murray44

No comments.
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 2:51 pm

posted by Nimue on Tuesday, February 7th 2012

Murray Appeal Murray45

Murray Appeal Murray46

Now they are talking about the effect on Murray. The first pic was just for this to make sense.

Number 5 - at the beginning of this document, Murray had 4 children, now he has 7..

Number 6 - "further profissional limitations in the future"... If he cannot be a doctor anymore whatelse can happen?

"He has learned a heavy lesson from this experience" - this sentence keeps poping up. Murray's mother statement says the same. What lesson is that?

Murray Appeal Murray47

Murray Appeal Murray48

What happened to (a)(1)?

Number (a) (3) it is intriguing, because of the answer "unusual circunstances such as a great provocation" and the answer is... 'if he ever does practice again (which means that he can still practice medicine) it is highly improbable that he will ever encounter a patient with the THE CHARISMA AND STAR POWER..

Was this the great provocation?

Murray Appeal Murray49

b 3 is BS, Murray never acknowlegded any wrongdoing, on contrary, even in this document he blames MJ and others.

Murray Appeal Murray50

I found this part interesting. they call attention to a police officer case who shoot a guy lying on the groung which had a minor sentence than Murray.

to be continued.....
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 2:56 pm

posted by Nimue on Saturday, February 11th 2012

Some more info:

Murray Appeal Murray51

if Murray is 58 years old there are 1 or 2 years missing here. She was 21 years old when she had Murray.

Murray Appeal Murray52

His father was 50 years old when he met Murray, and his father had only 10 years practicing medicine by this time.

Murray Appeal Murray53

Murray Appeal Murray54

Murray Appeal Murray55

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 2:59 pm

posted by Nimue on Saturday, February 11th 2012

Murray Appeal Murray56

Interesting that Murray's says he keeps his [father] job going in his honor, but it seems they were not that close
Murray Appeal Murray57

For someone which has worked with Native americans Murray's methods does not seem quite right.
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:04 pm

posted by The Fairy on Monday, February 6th 2012

Opening the thread about the people mentioned as working with Murray in the past as it might give us some hint as to who he is and already now some interesting things seem to be popping up...

With permission I have borrowed this from another forum. "D" made a list of all the people mentioned in the appeal and is looking into this.

- Page 2, line 20 : Dr Arnold Klein and his staff, including Evelyn Braun and Jason Phiffer lol! 

- Page 6, line 15 : Dr Murray has lived .... with their son Che Murray who will be 3 years on march, 2nd, 2012

- Page 22, line 19 : Jean CROMWELL, occupational therapy assistant in Sava Senior Care in Houston worked with Murray for more than a decade

- Page 23, line 7 : Charles E BLAKE, Pastor of WEST Angeles Church on Crenshaw Boulevard in LA and Bishop of the Church of God in Christ

- Page 34, line 10 : Conrad was born in Paraclete, St Andrews, Granada on february, 19th 1953

- Page 63, line 28 : Annie Bain, widow of Norris Bain, former government minister for health and housing executed alongside grenadian President Maurice Bishop in october 1983

- Page 38, line 5 : RAWLINGS AND SONS, a customs brokerage in Trinidad (around 1970 since Murray was 17) + E.P. GIBBS

- Page 41, line 11 : William Lenoy Hampton, who graduated from law school

- Page 42, line 23 : Dr Ben Westbrook and Dr Robert Schwartz in San Antonio

- Page 43, line 17 : Dr BUCHBINDER hired Murray at Sharp Memorial Health Center in San DIEGO (around 1996)

- Page 44, line 19 : Carla A. OWENS in Las VEGAS, worked for Murray as his fitness trainer for 4 years

- Page 46, line 5 : Dr Koswo DICKSON, from Las Vegas

- Page 51, line 12 : Ian ATHERLY, former mayor of San Fernando in Trinidad

- Page 51, line 20 : Roy Mc Intosh, fire safety director in New York

- Page 54, line 13 : Joe Samuel Ratliff, Pastor of Brentwood Baptist Church

- Page 55, line 17 : Usman M. SHERIFF, MD FACC
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:08 pm

Lets start with this one... funny coincidence with the name of the song

"Cant You Read Between The Lines?"

(credits to A):

- Page 22, line 19 : Jean CROMWELL, occupational therapy assistant in Sava Senior Care in Houston worked with Murray for more than a decade

video deleted or removed

I don't know if the video was about this Jean Cromwell or someone else:

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:12 pm

- Page 63, line 28 : Annie Bain, widow of Norris Bain, former government minister for health and housing executed alongside grenadian President Maurice Bishop in october 1983

(credits to D)

http://www.thegrenadarevolutiononline.c ... sbain.html

Norris Bain [1934-1983]

NOrris 'Chiney' Bain was born 28 September 1934
Diploma in Business from Bennet College;
formerly Civil Service in Grenada Forestry Department for 15 years.
Grenville business ownership and management started in 1970 - general hardware, sports equipment, insurance, car radio and automotive equipment, ballroom in Grenville
successfully contested a seat in 1976 elections on the GNP party. GNP in combination with the UPP fought in those elections with the NJM under a common manifesto.

Norris Bain was one of 14 persons named to the Provisional Revolutionary Government (PRG) on 16 March 1979, very soon renamed to the People's Revolutionary Government.
At a 25 March 1979 rally, Maurice Bishop announced that Norris Bain was to be Minister of Health and Housing. Dr. Bernard Gittens was announced as a Secretary to this ministry, responsible to the Prime Minister. At that time, Norris Bain was married with six children. One of his children, daughter Yolande Bain-Joseph, won a seat for the New National Party (NNP), St. Andrew South West, in the 2003 election.

Norris Bain was one of those executed at Fort Rupert on 19 October 1983.

ImageImage

Mrs Annie Bain says in the request for appeal of Murray page 36, line 5 :
"I knew him as a young child growing up in the village of Paraclete ...."

1953 - 1960 : Mr BAIN was 19 to 26 years old at that time
1955 to 1970 : did 15 years as formerly Civil Service in Grenada Forestry Department
1970 : started a business in Grenville

1953 - 1960 : Mrs Bain was 12 to 19 years old

but at the age of seven, Murray left his grandparents to go and live with his mother in San Juan, Trinidad

on page 37, line 16, it says :
"Conrad finished high school at the age of 16"

page 37, line 26,
Mrs BAIN says "' Whilst in Trinidad, he continued his secondary and higher education. During those years, he would often return to Grenada to visit his grandparents and the village of Paraclete"

so it's 1960 to 1976 :
Mr BAIN
1955 to 1970 : did 15 years as formerly Civil Service in Grenada Forestry Department
1970 : started a business in Grenville

Mrs BAIN is now in her 70's so she must be born around 1941 so she was between 19 and 35 years old so I guess she was then married to Mr BAIN and living in Grenville with him and bringing up her children so how could she know if Murray was coming back to the village ?

Can't find anything about the years between 1953 (DOB of Murray) and 1960 (Murray is 7) regarding the BAIN couple.

http://www.nnpnews.com/2005/Nov05/stadium_reconstruction.htm

COULD NOT FIND ONE PICTURE OF NORRIS AND ANNIE BAIN, FOUND ONLY ONE PICTURE OF ONE OF THEIR DAUGHTERS, on top middle pic, the lady holding the red balloon
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:17 pm

(Credits to D)

Robert Schwartz, MD

Dr. Schwartz is in private practice in South Carolina where he specializes in pain diagnosis and treatment, vascular medicine, and non-surgical specialty care.

After completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Michigan, Dr. Schwartz attended medical school at Wayne State University, and completed his residency in physical medicine and rehabilitation at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He is board certified in physical medicine and rehabilitation, pain management, electrodiagnostic medicine, orthopedic medicine and thermology. Dr. Schwartz is also a fellow of the Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology.

When he's not working with patients, Dr. Schwartz is a sought after presenter and lecturer. He also donates time to working with patient support groups. He is a strong advocate of patient-centered healthcare and has incorporated this practice philosophy into his office environment.

Murray Appeal Bobby_gvl_news_city_people_pict

In 20 years of practicing medicine, Dr. Robert Schwartz has written more than 40 articles for medical publications. He's taught at medical schools in Chicago, San Antonio, Charleston, and Rotenberg, Germany. His list of credentials, awards, publications and medical appointments is 22 pages long.

His favorite bit of literature, however, is an overcrowded scrapbook resting quietly in the corner of the office waiting room.
Filled with well over a hundred thank-you letters from patients, it provides a lift every time it catches Schwartz's eye.

"This is really why I went into medicine," says Schwartz, his voice softening as he points toward the book. "This makes it all worthwhile."
The collection of notes provides recurring themes: patience and compassion. One writer thanks for "empathy and the way you care for the weak." Another thanks for "doing battle, and helping others do battle for themselves." Most cite time given to the patient that was well beyond the amount expected.

On the wall is an award to Schwartz as a "Hope Hero" of the RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) support group which meets monthly, with Schwartz often arranging the guest speakers. RSD sufferers also have access to Schwartz's Web site (www.piedmontpmr.com), a storehouse of information about RSD, fibromyalgia, dystonia and other related conditions that keep Schwartz busy. Schwartz meets monthly with support groups of sufferers of RSD, fibromyalgia, polio & peripheral neuropathy.

For information not available on the Web site, its visitors can e-mail Schwartz directly. He gets 20 to 30 of those a week, and answers every one — from patients as well as non-patients, and sufferers from around the country.
"I love it. Sometimes I go a few days without a note, and at other times I can't keep up," Schwartz says of the e-mail exchange.

"Sometimes I can provide an answer that helps someone reduce pain; sometimes a patient just wants to know somebody heard them."
Name: Dr. Robert Schwartz, director of Piedmont Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and director of Outpatient Rehabilitation at St. Francis Hospital.

Family: Wife Sheri; sons P.J., 19, and Austin, 16.

Education: University of Michigan, Wayne State University School of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center

Hobbies: Tennis, shag dancing, movies
Dr. Robert Schwartz in his Greenville office. Staff/George Gardner
Schwartz has been listening, and seeking answers most of his life. As a teen he was the primary caretaker for a mother in failing health; only 16 when she died, he's made pain diagnosis a mission ever since.

Often, his prescriptions for pain relief swerve outside conventional routes. For example, he avoids the use of narcotics. "The question is, why is the pain here?" Schwartz asks. "Sometimes, if you prescribe opiates or narcotics, it can reduce the urgency to find the source."

Some patients find that Schwartz is unable to unravel the mysteries. Few, however, question his effort.
"He takes a different approach to pain relief than any other doctor I've ever been to," says Malinda Williamson, director of the South Carolina Fibromyalgia Support Group in Greenville. "He ran tests that no other doctor had run, and found many things not to be normal."

Louise Plaster, director of the local RSD support group, says Schwartz "thinks outside the box, and that is what we need, because RSD is an out-of-the-box disease. "I can tell you he goes the extra mile for his patients," says Plaster, who has been under Schwartz's care since October 1992.

Schwartz, 47, says he began to question the symptomatic approach to pain treatment as a medical-school student and hasn't stopped. "My passion has always been diagnosis," he says.
After graduating from the University of Michigan (1977), and Wayne State University School of Medicine (1981), Schwartz spent three years at the University of Texas Health Science Center, where he specialized in physical medicine and rehabilitation.

He's served as an instructor at the Medical University of South Carolina, the Clemson University Department of Bioengineering, the Northwestern University School of Medicine, and at the University of Texas.

Schwartz, who in the early 1980s studied such alternative treatments as acupuncture and hypnosis, sometimes varies his treatment techniques according to personality types. "There's a mind-and-body connection to pain, and to illness," says Schwartz.

Schwartz's other passion is his family. The walls of his office on St. Francis Drive include 70 family photos, and 24 elementary-school art works "by the boys" — P.J. and Austin, now 19 and 16.

The medical practice is a family project. Schwartz's Web site was designed by Austin, a Greenville Tech Charter School sophomore who continues to serve as webmaster. P.J., a sophomore at the College of Charleston, was content editor for part of the Web site.

Schwartz calls wife Sheri, the office wellness coordinator and a Pilates teacher, "his right hand." The couple met on a blind date — arranged by Sheri's father — during Schwartz's third year of medical school.

It is a family that "plays together" on summer vacations and at least one designated day each month.
The summer vacations have included trips to Mexico, Idaho, South Africa and Costa Rica; the one play day each month usually involves tennis or a movie.

"I consider myself wealthy, because of my family," Schwartz says. "They pick me up."
That enables him to continue doing the same for others.

http://www.dannemiller.com/advisor-robert-schwartz/
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:27 pm

Born in February, 19th, 1953

First 2 years at primary school in Grenada

1960 : (7 years old)
Leaves Grenada to join his mother in Trinidad
Attended local public schools in Trinidad

1969 : (16 years old)
finished high school

Worked as a clerk in a store which sold dry goods and fabrics

1970 : (17 years old)
Customs clerk apprentice in Trinidad at RAWLINGS & SONS, then at E. P. GIBBS
+ part-time insurance company sales agent

January 1980 : (27 years old)
Pre-med student and biology major at Texas Southern University in Houston *number 1 on map

1983 : (30 years old)
Bachelors of science in biology
Graduated from Texas Southern University (Magna Cum Laude with a 3.8 GPA)

May 1989 : (36 years old)
Graduated from Meharry School, Nashville, Tennessee *number 2 on map

1992 : (39 years old)
Finishes his residency at Loma Linda, San Bernadino county *number 3 on map

up to 1995 : (42 years old)
Cardiology fellow at the University of Arizona Medical Center in Tucson *number 4 on map

1996 : (43 years old)
Associate Director of Interventional Cardiology at Sharp Memorial Health Center in San Diego *number 5 on map

late 1999 : (46 years old)
Private practice in Las Vegas, Nevada *number 6 on map

March 2000 : (47 years old)
Own practice Global Cardiovascular Associates in Las Vegas

7/10/2006 : (53 years old)
Opens his own clinic Acres Home Heart and Vascular Associates in Houston, Texas *number 1 on map

Spends half his time in Houston, half in Las Vegas

Murray Appeal Us_map10

And a close up of the eastcoast:
Murray Appeal Close_10

Murray Appeal Close_11

Murray Appeal Santa_10

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:33 pm

Quote :
Spends half his time in Houston, half in Las Vegas
What about Santa Monica?????

Another name in the appeal is the Sherif Lee Baca

Murray Appeal Murray40

About him:

On November 9, 2006, Sheriff Baca and Los Angeles District Attorney Steve Cooley issued a press release regarding their joint policy on early release, which requires all jail inmates to serve at least 25 percent of their sentence before becoming eligible for early release. In the press release, Sheriff Baca said, "I also want to thank District Attorney Steve Cooley for his most valuable input on this matter. This new policy will move us forward to where one day all inmates will serve the entire time required." Also in the press release, Cooley said, "I commend Sheriff Baca for implementing this new policy". "This will assure that sentences imposed by the court will be carried out in a predictable and even-handed manner. The policy was also applauded by then Redondo Beach City Attorney Michael W. Webb, who said, "Defendants will no longer be able to routinely turn down offers that involve alternative sentences such as Cal Trans or other forms of community service.

We know Steve Cooley, his David and Brazil boss, it was said he didn't want the charges to be second degree murder but invonluntary manslaughter...

Inmate Abuse

The ACLU has compiled an extensive report [7] documenting the virtually unprecedentedly high levels of inmate abuse and concluding "The long-standing and pervasive culture of deputy hyper-violence in Los Angeles County jails—a culture apparently condoned at the highest levels -cries out for swift and thorough investigation and intervention by the federal government." The abuse includes rape of inmates by police officers [8]. The ACLU has filed suit to prevent Sheriff Baca from continuing in his position [9], and a petition calling for his resignation is circulating [10].
[edit]Special reserves program

In 1999, Baca established a special reserves program. According to the Los Angeles Times, the program was designed to cater to celebrities, executives, star athletes and other "notable persons." Some members of the Sheriff's Department said they were worried that the program would be abused, particularly by those seeking a backdoor way to secure a concealed weapons permit in Los Angeles County.[11]

Within a month of Baca swearing in his first new celebrity reserve deputies, one of his recruits, Scott Zacky, had been suspended and relieved of duty for brandishing a firearm in a confrontation outside his Bel-Air home. The program would eventually be suspended.[12]Less than six months later, another member of the special celebrity reserve unit was indicted by a federal grand jury on charges of international money laundering. No well-known celebrities joined the program, and less than 20 little-known wealthy individuals actually participated. It was suspended in November, 2006.[13]
[edit]Mel Gibson

After the July 28, 2006 arrest of Mel Gibson for drunk driving, the Los Angeles Sheriff Department initially told the press that Mel Gibsonwas arrested without incident or special treatment. Subsequent to this, the original arrest report was leaked to the media, which included controversial statements by Gibson. Prior to his arrest, Gibson filmed a PSA for Baca's relief committee dressed in a sheriff's uniform.[14]Upon questioning by the Los Angeles Times about charges of celebrity favoritism, Baca denied that his department tried to cover up Gibson’s behavior.[15][16]

At the time, the Times reported that a civilian oversight committee had decided to investigate whether Gibson had received favorable treatment because of his celebrity status or his longtime friendship with Baca.[17]
[edit]Paris Hilton

On June 3, 2007, celebrity Paris Hilton surrendered herself to the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department to serve a 45 day sentence as ordered by Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer. The 45 day sentence could be reduced to as few as 23 days for good behavior. She was placed in the Lynwood facility and separated from the general population for her safety.

Around 2 a.m. on June 7, 2007, Baca's department released Hilton after serving only 79 hours of her sentence. She was allowed to return home and her sentence was converted to 40 days of house arrest, amid rumors of a medical condition, which later emerged to be psychological.[18]

The decision to convert her sentence was made by Baca without the consultation of either the presiding judge or the prosecuting city attorney. Further complicating the matter is the initial ruling in which the judge specifically said Hilton would not be allowed to use house arrest in lieu of jail. However, Superior Court spokesman Allan Parachini did acknowledge this is normally the purview of the sheriff saying, "Early release decisions are the province of the sheriff every day due to jail overcrowding, but not always".[19]

The situation led the city attorney to file a petition suggesting that Baca should be held in contempt of court for his actions.[20] Though the judge chose not to pursue any action against Sheriff Baca, he did reverse the decision and returned Hilton to jail while reaffirming the original sentence length. Hilton's attorney, Richard Hutton, saw his offer to brief the judge in private chambers on her condition, but this was declined. No written evidence was produced during the court session.[21]

Baca later described Hilton's medical condition as a deteriorating, life-threatening condition that left her speaking incoherently.[22]
[edit]CAIR

Baca is known for working with the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), a Muslim civil liberties advocacy organization. He has drawn criticism for his actions in relation to the organization.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Baca

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:37 pm

posted by mjmtc on Monday, February 6th 2012

- Page 44, line 19 : Carla A. OWENS in Las VEGAS, worked for Murray as his fitness trainer for 4 years

From International Fitness Professionnal Association (IFPA)

I have some announcements to make this week. The results have been tabulated for the 2003 IFPA Fitness Professionals Awards and to make things even more interesting, the following list of award winners HAVE NOT been notified yet!

These awards are given annually to the nominees who best typify the utmost level of professionalism, the highest degree of dedication and constantly challenge themselves to strive for excellence.

The award for the IFPA Personal Trainer of the Year goes to Carla Owens, Top-Performing Personal Trainer for 24 Hour Fitness in Las Vegas, Nevada. Carla represents the best possible qualities of a fitness professional and despite a recent accident that nearly took her life; she has rededicated herself to her career and continues to achieve nearly miraculous results for all of her clients.

I think this article is from 2003

found this on the IFPA site :

Murray Appeal DFC_icon

PURPOSE

Doctor’s Fitness Centers is a turn-key Medical/Fitness Center designed to help you keep your patients healthy. Before Doctor’s Fitness Centers, your patients came to you SICK and you were paid to get them HEALTHY. Now, using the Performance Based Systems of the International Fitness Professionals Association (IFPA), you are going to get paid to KEEP your patients HEALTHY!

Before, you wrote prescriptions for DRUGS. Now you will write prescriptions for FITNESS and NUTRITION programs. These programs will be executed by your own staff of fitness and nutrition professionals rigorously educated, trained and CERTIFIED by the IFPA to execute your healthy prescriptions.

Before the pharmaceutical companies and pharmacist made money for “curing” your patients. Now, you will make money for “keeping” your patients healthy and HAPPY!

The IFPA Performance Based Systems will provide your Elite Team of Fitness Professionals, World-Class Education/Training and Skills to reach a level of competence that does not currently exist in the Fitness Industry. Your Fitness Professionals will go through an extensive, 40 course curriculum, developed by the IFPA Fitness Institute and leading to a B.S. in Fitness Training and the distinguised designation of “Degreed Fitness Professional” (D.F.P.). Your D.F.P.s will be “Masters of Their Craft” and will continuosly hone their skills with each and every one of your patients, continually striving for FLAWLESS EXECUTION during each and every one of their training sessions. Flawless execution is achieved by your D.F.P.s by utilizing the Performance Based System throughout IFPA Training. The same system used by Jim Bell (President and Founder of the IFPA) when he was a Fighter Pilot for the U.S. Air Force: PLAN - BRIEF - EXECUTE - DEBRIEF. This system leads to FLAWLESS EXECUTION!

Before, you paid exorbitant rates for Medical Malpractice Insurance for the right to practice medicine and help your patients. Now, your Doctor’s Fitness Center will help more of your patients and dramatically increase your income at a fraction of your current costs.

Your own Doctor’s Fitness Center will be the single greatest weapon in your arsenal against the Obesity Epidemic. Your patients (young and old alike) are suffering from the metabolic syndromes resulting from obesity and overweight conditions: diabetes, osteoporosis, CAD, COPD, CHD, etc. Your patients suffer due to physical inactivity and poor eating habits. The IFPA systems approach looks at the who, what, where, why and how of this epidemic and provides you the solution: Doctor’s Fitness Centers.

Your patients can’t do it on their own because they don’t know HOW! Your patients can’t do it in the gym because the gym is WHERE the “healthy, fit, body-beautiful” people go! Your patients don’t eat healthy because they are thoroughly confused on WHAT and HOW to eat! Many of your patients don’t exercise and eat healthy because they don’t understand WHY! And, most importantly, WHO can they trust to give them the TRUTH and accurately answer the WHAT, WHERE, WHY and HOW?

http://www.drfitnesscenters.com/introduction.html
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:43 pm

Quote :
Quote from mjmtc on Monday, February 6th 2012 @ 2:07 AM

Lets start with this one... funny coincidence with the name of the song

"Cant You Read Between The Lines?"
Yeah.. funny coincidence, because we have been reading between the lines for quite some time

Quote :
Quote from mjmtc on Monday, February 6th 2012 @ 2:07 AM

(credits to A):

About Murray:

Murray Appeal Murray58

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:45 pm

I couldn't find Jean Cromwell but the clinic mentioned is this one:

http://www.savaseniorcare.com/www/CareServices/Rehabilitation.aspx

Our rehabilitation services are aimed at the goals of returning each patient to their prior level of function and improving their quality of life. We provide comprehensive services, Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy, to all of our residents who require rehabilitation services. Our therapists are trained to evaluate and treat the underlying impairments causing disabilities.

Our facilities offer rehabilitation programs for patients who may have the following needs:

Wound Care
Pain Management
Dementia Care
Diabetic Care
Post-Operative Care
Total Hip Replacement
Total Knee Replacement
Cardiac by-pass
Amputation Reconditioning/Strengthening
Neurological Disorders

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:47 pm

Quote :
Quote from mjmtc on Monday, February 6th 2012 @ 8:16 AM

1970 : (17 years old)
Customs clerk apprentice in Trinidad at RAWLINGS & SONS, then at E. P. GIBBS
+ part-time insurance company sales agent
Murray Appeal Murray59

If he knew so much about insurance policies, why did he have so much trouble with Lloyd's?

If he was that good he knew what Lloyd's would need for the insurance policy.

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:50 pm

posted by The Fairy on Tuesday, February 7th 2012

- Page 54, line 13 : Joe Samuel Ratliff, Pastor of Brentwood Baptist Church

Murray Appeal Pheader_r2_c1

HIS STORY: The Reverend Doctor Joe Samuel Ratliff

The Reverend Dr. Joe Samuel Ratliff has been married to the former Doris Ernestine Gardner since 1980. He is a native of Lumberton, North Carolina; where in 1962, he began his Christian journey by uniting with The Mt. Sinai United Holy Church of Lumberton. Seven years later, he answered his Call to Ministry while attending Morehouse College. He served as pastor of the Cobb Memorial United Holy Church in Atlanta, Georgia for eight years.

Dr. Joe Samuel Ratliff was elected as pastor of Brentwood Baptist Church of Houston, Texas in February 1980 and by the year 2000 had grown it from a 500 member congregation to a mega-church of 12,000. The congregation has reached a plateau of more than 7,000 members with over 5,000 worshipers attending its two Sunday morning worship services.
Dr. Joe Samuel Ratliff has distinguished himself as a scholar-pastor in the African-American tradition of preaching and has sought excellence in numerous endeavors. Among them are these distinctions:

Education

Bachelor's degree in History earned 1972 from Morehouse College, Atlanta, Georgia.
Master's of Divinity degree earned in 1975 and Doctor of Ministry degree earned in 1976 from the Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC), Atlanta, Georgia.
Honorary Doctor of Divinity degree awarded in 1988 by the Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC), Atlanta, Georgia.
Post Doctoral work at Harvard Divinity School as a Charles Merrill Fellow in 1985.

Building, Construction and Land Acquisition

Prayer Chapel in 1984 and renovated in 1998.
Worship Center in 1986 and renovated in 2001.
Brentwood Credit Union/Community Foundation in 1988 and renovated in 2001.
Brentwood Cottages in 1997.
Joe Samuel Ratliff Lifelong Learning Center (75,000-square foot) in 2001; It housed a McDonald's franchise-the first of its kind to be housed on a church campus.
Doris Gardner Ratliff Center for Child Development (10,000-square foot) in 2000.
Maintenance Building in 2003.
Land Acquired under Pastor’s leadership: 9 acres in 1984, 10 acres in 1986, 25 acres as a gift in 1995, 37 acres in 1998 and 24 acres in 2000 for a total of 105 acres; (24 acres sold in 2006).

Accomplishments, Affiliations, Awards & Honors

First African-American pastor to lead the Union Baptist Association, the largest urban Southern Baptist organization in the United States representing more than 500 churches and missions.
Named "Minister of the Year" by the National Conference of Christians and Jews in 1985.
Founding president of the National African-American Fellowship of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Inducted into the Martin Luther King Jr. Board of Preachers at Morehouse College, Atlanta, Georgia in 1997.
Portrait hung in the Martin Luther King Jr. International Chapel Hall of Fame at Morehouse, Atlanta, Georgia in 1998.
Keynote speaker for the 2002 Congressional Black Caucus Foundation Prayer Breakfast in Washington, D.C.
Presented with the Spiritual Enlightenment Award in 2003, during the Turner Broadcasting System's 11th Annual Trumpet Award ceremonies, Atlanta, Georgia.
Founder of the Brentwood Community Foundation which has awarded over $900,000.00 in Grants and Scholarships through the Brentwood Scholarship Committee to deserving youth since its inception.
Preacher for the Andrew Rankin Memorial Chapel, Howard University, Washington D.C. for over 15 years.
Preached and lectured extensively in the United States and abroad and has led mission trips and tours to Africa and other foreign countries.
Life member of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.

Selected Board Affiliations

Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Morehouse School of Religion, Atlanta, Georgia since 1996.
Former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Interdenominational Theological Center (ITC), Atlanta, Georgia.
Trustee on the Executive Board for the Samuel DeWitt Proctor Conference, Inc., Chicago, Illinois.
Member, The Board of Directors for The Houston Graduate School of Theology, Houston, Texas.
Board of Directors for the Washington D.C. Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Project Foundation, Inc. since 2006.
Founding Board Member, Truett Theological Seminary, Baylor University, Waco, Texas.
Appointed to the Texas Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse (TCADA) by Texas Governor William P. Clements and served for 6 years.

Publications, Journals / Contributor

Co-author of Church Planting in the African-American Community.
Featured in national media outlets including CNN, Associated Press, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, USA Today, “Eclipse”, “Black Enterprise”, “TIME” and Houston Chronicle for his work in community and economic development.
Featured in Southern Baptist Preaching Today, Dr. Joel Gregory, The “African American Pulpit”; and Power in the Pulpit, Dr. Cleophus Larue.

Community Services

Brentwood Federal Credit Union founded in 1993.
Brentwood Community Foundation founded in 1993.
Brentwood Economic Community Development Corporation founded in 1993.
Led the city of Houston in faith-based work with HIV/AIDS awareness, education, services, and transitional housing since 1986.
Church planting by establishing 20+ Mission Churches.

http://www.brentwoodbaptist.org/default.asp?id=44

Murray Appeal Ratliff

FORGIVEN AND NOW HE HAS HIS OWN DAY!
By Isiah Carey on February 2, 2010 in Uncategorized

GETTING PAST ALL THE SCANDAL TO COME OUT ON TOP!
It was back in 2003 when prominent Houston minister Dr. Joe Ratliff found himself in a firestorm. Not only was it a rumor but there was an audio tape to go with it. The head of Brentwood Baptist Church was caught in a scandal of biblical proportions. He was accused of taking several excursions to Atlanta, Georgia to see what was termed as ‘go go boys.’ Then there was the allegation he allegedly sexually assaulted a 37 year old man. It was also alleged that Ratliff offered to pay the man for sex. A lawsuit was eventually filed and the issue was settled out of court. Now, let’s fast forward 7 years. It appears all is forgiven. After all that is the way of the church. Tuesday Dr. Ratliff found himself front and center at Houston’s City Council. He was given a proclamation for his 40 years of service in the community. It’s not clear if those 40 years included 2003. The Insite was not quite clear if the pastor was vetted before getting his own day. But maybe the good he has done in the community surpasses the allegations of sexual assault which were settled out of court. What do you think about the pastor getting his own day and being honored by the city? I guess if the Insite can get my own day why not Dr. Ratliff who was caught in a little scandal!
UPDATE: Apparently, the proclamation was the idea of Council Member Jarvis Johnson. I asked Johnson in a text why did he decide to bestow this honor on Ratliff despite the controversy. In a text Johnson writes: “Can’t deny 40 years of service. He IS still pastor of Brentwood. I was giving him proc (proclamation) for his 30 years of service.”

http://www.isiahfactor.com/2010/02/02/forgiven-and-now-he-has-his-own-day/
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 3:52 pm

- Page 46, line 5 : Dr Koswo DICKSON, from Las Vegas

Dr Kodwo DICKSON of Las Vegas writes :
"I have had the opportunity to work with Dr Murray in the past when he acted as cardiology consult for several patients of mine in the outpatient and in patients settings .....

Dr. Kodwo Dickson
Montevista Hosptial
5900 W Rochelle Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89103

Board Certification, Specialty and Expertise

Dr. Kodwo Dickson identified specializing in Internal MedicineInternal Medicine
A personal physician who provides long term, comprehensive care in the office and the hospital, managing both common and complex illness of adolescents, adults, and the elderly. Internists are trained in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer, infections, and diseases affecting the heart, blood, kidneys, joints, and digestive, respiratory and vascular systems. They are also trained in the essentials of primary care internal medicine which incorporates an understanding of disease prevention, wellness, substance abuse, mental health, and effective treatment of common problems of the eyes, ear, skin, nervous system, and reproductive organs.. He obtained board certification from the member board for Internal Medicine.

Dr. Dickson is affiliated with 1 hospital:
Mountainview Hospital
3100 N Tenaya Way
Las Vegas, NV

Aliases

Patients may also know Dr. Kodwo Dickson MD as:

* Kodwo B Dickson
* K Dickson
Dr. Kodwo Bosemefi Dickson Male
Montevista Hosptial
5900 W Rochelle Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89103
Doctor: (702) 210-3002

Post Graduate Training
Name Training
Dr. Kodwo Bosemefi Dickson Harlem Hospital Center, Internal Medicine

http://www.ucomparehealthcare.com/drs/report2.html?L=3286604918181856185674&R=pAuXYiZ6mpB53x0XYonHGD6d7&I=32866049

OR MAYBE:

About Kodwo Dickson, MD
Kodwo Dickson practices as an Internist in Las Vegas, NV.

Univ Of Ghana, Med Sch, Accra, Ghana

Harlem Hospital Center, Internal Medicine
Staff for Kodwo Dickson

Kodwo Dickson, MD practices at 3824 S Jones Blvd Ste A Las Vegas, NV.
Kodwo Dickson, MD is listed as an internist which is a physician who studies Internal Medicine for adults.

To learn more, or to make an appointment with Kodwo Dickson, MD in Las Vegas, NV, please call (702) 386-9847.

http://www.wellness.com/dir/2355594/internist/nv/las-vegas/kodwo-dickson-md
Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 4:15 pm

Murray Appeal Z

Dr Maurice Burchbinder

Page 43, lines 14-23 of Murray's request appeal

Murray applied and was accepted for a fellowship in interventional cardiology at the University of California San Diego Medical Center where he was trained under a highly renowned doctor named MAURICE BURCHBINDER.

After a year of training, Dr BUCHBINDER hired Murray as his ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF INTERVENTIONAL CARDIOLOGY at Sharp Memorial Health Center in San DIEGO (around 1996)

.... He refused at the same time a better offer .... however he chose to remain with Dr BURCHBINDER because "the honor of being asked to continue training under his auspices was more important to Murray than any amount of money he could have been paid.

Page 45, lines 22-23 of Murray's request appeal

In late 1999, DR MURRAY left his association with Dr BURCHBINDER to accept a position in a private practice in Las Vegas, Nevada

Murray Appeal Michae10

BACKGROUND*

Dr. Maurice Buchbinder, M.D has been Chief Medical Officer at Bioabsorbable Therapeutics, Inc. since 2006.
Dr. Buchbinder serves as Chief Marketing Officer at CryoTherapeutics Gmbh.
He serves as Chief Medical Officer at EndoCross Ltd.
He also serves as an active Consultant to its Life Science Fund.
Since 1995, he has served as the Director of Interventional Cardiology at Sharp Memorial Hospital, San Diego, California and as a Co-Director of Cardiac Cath lab and the Director ... of Interventional Cardiology at the Foundation for Cardiovascular Research, Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla, California.
He is a Member of Advisory Board at Finistere Partners, LLC.
He serves as Member of Scientific Advisory Board at Stentys S.A.S. Dr. Buchbinder is also a Member of San Diego Cardiovascular Associates.
He was a Co-Founder and Member of the Board of Directors at the (former) Radiance from August 1997 to January 1999.
He serves as Director of CardioDex, Ltd. and Bioabsorbable Therapeutics, Inc.
He serves as Board Member and Member of Scientific Advisory Board at MiCardia Corporation. He serves as Member of Scientific Advisory Board at Medtronic CoreValve LLC.
He serves as Member of Advisory Board at Finistere Ventures, LLC. Dr. Buchbinder served as a Director at Endologix Inc. since January 1999 until May 24, 2005.
From 1985 to 1995, Dr. Buchbinder served at various intervals as the Professor of Medicine and the Associate Professor of Medicine, Cardiology Division, USCD Medical Center, San Diego, California.
Dr. Buchbinder has founded several successful medical start ups in the device arena specifically addressing innovations in interventional cardiology.
Throughout his entrepreneurial career, Dr. Buchbinder has made several contributions in the development of advanced devices for treatment of coronary artery disease in a minimally invasive way.
He continues to be an innovator in the field.
Dr. Buchbinder is concentrating in partnership with others on expanding the reach of percutaneous techniques for treatment of valvular heart disease.
He serves as Member of Scientific Advisory Board at SMT R&D Ltd.
He served his internship specializing in internal medicine at McGill University and served his residency specializing in Internal Medicine at Stanford University Hospital.
Dr. Buchbinder has been practicing medicine since 1983 and was board certified in Internal Medicine in 1981.
He was also board certified in Cardiovascular Disease in 1983.
Dr. Buchbinder received a medical degree from the McGill University Faculty of Medicine in 1978

Murray Appeal Michae10
Investigation finds doctor hit man

Report says patient was combative, aggressive

By Cheryl Clark
STAFF WRITER

September 27, 2007

LA JOLLA – State health regulators have determined that a La Jolla cardiologist placed a combative patient in “immediate jeopardy” by repeatedly hitting him during and after an angioplasty, according to a report released yesterday.

During the Aug. 24 procedure, the physician made “chopping like blows to the patient's abdomen,” tried to hit his leg “with a substantial amount of force” and “used the tip of his elbow to hit (him) on the forehead,” three witnesses told investigators.

After the patient was moved to a gurney when the angioplasty was finished, the physician told him, “You are an animal” and then “grabbed and twisted the patient's nose,” making it turn “bluish,” the witnesses said.

The cardiologist was not named in that document. But Scripps Memorial Hospital officials confirmed that he is Dr. Maurice Buchbinder, who is nationally known for his technical and research skills.

Buchbinder initially declined to comment publicly about the incident. After The San Diego Union-Tribune published a story on Sept. 8 saying Scripps had suspended him, he left a message at the newspaper denying that he assaulted the patient.

He said the patient was “a drug addict coming off of opiates, completely in withdrawal (and was) restrained as he should have been by protocol by five technicians. . . . I was only the sixth person, never hitting anybody.”

Buchbinder did not return calls yesterday.

The report was completed by investigators for the state Division of Licensing and Certification, which reviews complaints about hospital quality. It described the patient as “combative and aggressive” and said he was “moving all extremities.”

The investigators corroborated accounts that five staff members tried to restrain the patient. Buchbinder hit the patient when he didn't calm down, the report said.

In addition, one witness said the physician “refused to allow staff to call for anesthesia to assist with the procedure.”

After the doctor made the “animal” comment and twisted the patient's nose, he “grabbed” the patient's “left upper inner arm, leaving indentations on the patient's skin,” another witness recalled.

The third witness also said she saw the doctor push his index finger into the patient's biceps after the angioplasty. “Employee 3 said that she had never seen the physician so mad and that the physician's 'volatility was not new,' ” according to the report.

The patient, who was admitted through the emergency room with complaints of chest pain the day before, apparently didn't respond to the calming effects of powerful medications such as Haldol and fentanyl, the report said.

Last month, Scripps suspended Buchbinder indefinitely and launched its own investigation. Buchbinder resigned his staff privileges last week after a closed meeting of Scripps Memorial's medical executive committee, a panel of doctors that decides which physicians can treat patients in the hospital.

“Obviously, this involves patient safety and Scripps takes it very seriously,” said Scripps spokesman Don Stanziano. “We're going to use this as an opportunity to reinforce our patients' rights policies and educate the staff again about what is acceptable behavior.”

Stanziano said Scripps officials reported the incident to state and federal agencies “after a staff person came forward and reported it to management.” Such disclosure is required by law.

“We regret the incident and apologize to the patient,” Stanziano said.

Buchbinder has performed many angioplasties, an increasingly common procedure in which cardiologists thread a tube through coronary arteries to detect and unblock obstructions.

Because patients typically remain awake during the procedure, they're often given mild sedatives to help them remain calm. Some people still become unruly and combative because of fear or unintended effects from the medications.

Standard hospital protocol calls for such patients to be subdued with more drugs or mechanical restraints.

It's unclear whether Buchbinder, 54, will move his high-volume medical practice to another hospital network in San Diego County.

On Tuesday, a woman who identified herself as his wife said in a phone conversation that the matter “has become a hospital issue. It would be humanistic if you would let this be.”

More than a decade ago, questions arose about Buchbinder's role in testing a device called the Rotablator. He owned about $10 million worth of stock in Heart Technology Inc., which made the device, and quietly sold his shares after the federal government launched an audit.

The controversy caused him to stop practicing at UCSD Medical Center.

Buchbinder later practiced at Sharp Memorial Hospital in Kearny Mesa, but left there several years later.

Online: To read the state regulators' report about the August incident involving Dr. Maurice Buchbinder, go to uniontrib.com/more/heartmd.

Murray Appeal Michae10

Murray Appeal Micard10
Maurice Buchbinder, M.D.,
Board Member

After graduating medical school from McGill University in Montreal, Canada, Dr. Buchbinder moved to Stanford University where he began his fellowship training in cardiovascular medicine, helping to pioneer the field of interventional cardiology. He has been involved in the development of many devices now used routinely in the practice of interventional medicine. His interest for many years has focused on improving the treatment and outcomes in patients with coronary artery disease.

More recently Dr. Buchbinder began a series of innovations in the percutaneous treatment of various valve conditions, looking for effective alternatives to the more invasive open heart surgery. Dr. Buchbinder has been the founder of many successful start-up companies. He has served on the scientific advisory boards of several companies. He brings to MiCardia a unique set of skills and clinical experience along with a deep understanding of the economics in medical start-ups.

Caution: The enCor Mitral Valve Repair System is presently not available for sale in the US.

MiCardia, the MiCardia logo, enCor and enCor Mitral Valve Repair System are trademarks of MiCardia Corporation, registered in the United States.

Murray Appeal Michae10

There are many articles describing Burchbinder's expertise in the Stent procedure

In the technical vocabulary of medicine, a stent is an artificial 'tube' inserted into a natural passage/conduit in the body to prevent, or counteract, a disease-induced, localized flow constriction. The term may also refer to a tube used to temporarily hold such a natural conduit open to allow access for surgery.

Murray Appeal Stent10

Murray Appeal Stent210

Murray Appeal Images13

Author(s):

Cath Lab Digest talks with Maurice Buchbinder, MD

Yes, an excellent question. For the last few months, we have focused on optimizing an area we call the “disconnectable zone” so it can be easily placed in and around the side branch. In other words, there is not just one disconnectable cell requiring complicated maneuvering, but a 15-mm disconnectable zone in a 20-mm stent. All the interventionalist has to do is put the disconnectable segment in and around the bifurcation branch, and then it allows him or her multiple rows of disconnectability to access the side branch and thread the wire through as needed. If there is no need to treat the side branch after placement of the stent, then the procedure is over. If, on the other hand, disease is pre-existent in the side branch or is worsened by distortion of the anatomy or plaque shift through treatment of the main branch, then that 15-mm opaque zone of disconnection can be targeted. A wire is passed through the branch, the struts are disconnected by balloon inflation, and a second stent is advanced, at will, if needed.

How many human procedures have been done with the Stentys stent?
It is obviously a day-to-day tally, but at last communication, it was at about 12. It is important to also note that a bare-metal version of the stent was implanted. The company has drug-eluting versions in development as well. Two drug-eluting stents are being studied, one using paclitaxel and the other sirolimus. We are currently evaluating both drug systems in the animal model.

What were the inclusion criteria for the patients done thus far?
Inclusion criteria for the Stentys stent include any bifurcation, meaning Medina classification 111, 100, or any combination or permutation. The Medina classification rates the bifurcation just before the side branch, just after the side branch and the side branch itself. A 1 or a zero is assigned if there is disease or not, respectively. A true bifurcation is one where the plaque is above the side branch, in the main vessel (“1”) below the side branch in the main vessel (“1”) and in the side branch (another “1,” for a Medina classification of 111). The Stentys cases were on any and all types of bifurcation lesions. We are planning for 6-month angiographic follow up because, remember, this is a bare-metal version of the stent and will be associated with a typical bare-metal stent restenosis rate. The main aim of our initial study, called OPEN I, is not to look at the restenosis rate, but mostly to look at acute outcomes. Primary endpoints are procedure and acute outcomes, and immediate and 30-day major adverse cardiac events (MACE). Secondary endpoints are restenosis rates. As the drug-eluting version of this device comes online, then late loss and restenosis of either the main or side branch, or both, will be considered as a prime endpoint for the study.

What are future plans for work with the stent?
Mostly we will be looking at ease of use, primary success rate of implant and what happens to the side branch. Our first hypothesis is that a self-expanding stent at the bifurcation is a kinder, gentler treatment of the main branch that may affect the side branch less dramatically. The second hypothesis is that this stent will make the procedure easier to rescue, and the third is that if you have to rescue the side branch, since the stent can offer a wide opening, the second stent can be placed with greater accuracy and ease. Restenosis of the main and side branch will be important endpoints. The company expects a European launch next year of its bare-metal bifurcation stent, and possibly the DES iteration as well.

I believe the Stent procedure is what one of Murray's patients Andrew Guest describes as the procedure Murray performed on him.

Murray Appeal 1025-andrew-guest-mjtrial

From 0:28

Murray Appeal Michae10

Comment from "D"

Murray "worked" with him in between 1992 and 1999

Around 1997, Burchbinder was involved in a weird shareholding affair and he left UCSD Medical Center
SO how COULD MURRAY BE WORKING WITH HIM AT THIS TIME ... ?

In august 2007, Scripps suspended Buchbinder indefinitely and launched its own investigation.

Burchbinder resigned his staff privileges (mid-september 2007) after a closed meeting of Scripps Memorial's medical executive committee, a panel of doctors that decides which physicians can treat patients in the hospital

Back to top Go down
Nimue

Nimue

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty15th October 2013, 4:17 pm

posted by Nimue on Wednesday, February 8th 2012

Thank you Fairy. "D" is doing a good work.

The Fairy wrote:
I believe the Stent procedure is what one of Murray's patients
Yeah this was the only procedure every witness at the trial described.

It seems so far most of the names quoted at Murray appeal have something going on. I found an article from last week, about an investigation on Lee Baca,, the Ratliff scandal...

Let's wait for more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Murray Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray Appeal   Murray Appeal Empty

Back to top Go down

Murray Appeal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next